Cigarro del dia - numero siete

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Cigarro del dia - numero siete

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Kip wrote:My last Aquitaine - which was supposed to be for a show. I suppose I'll have to replace it while we're stateside.
Wait. You guys do shows? Huh... go figure.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: RE: Re: Cigarro del dia - numero siete

Post by Kip » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:20 am

Stewmuse wrote:
Kip wrote:My last Aquitaine - which was supposed to be for a show. I suppose I'll have to replace it while we're stateside.
I think we're going to adopt an "as-needed" basis for recording. When the populace demands it, we'll do a show. So, no we don't. :)

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:12 am

Kip wrote:
Stewmuse wrote:
I think we're going to adopt an "as-needed" basis for recording. When the populace demands it, we'll do a show. So, no we don't. :)
No me gusta.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:21 am

Almost too pretty to light.

Almost.

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Cigarro del dia - numero siete

Post by IWinchester » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:10 pm

Camping since Thursday. Some good smokes, though I wasn't impressed with the Camacho. Also had a Mild Bunch and a AF Curly Head. I always forget how good those cheap lil things are!
ImageImageImage

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:18 pm

My camping herf Fri-Sun morning.

Alex Gonzalez Dalia Jun '17
Parti Serie de Conn No.2 '02
Punch Punch '17
Ezra Zion
La Corona '92
Juan Lopez No.1 '16
RASCC '06
Parti SdConn No.2 '02
Hoyo de Depute '93
Parti 898 '16
Punch Punch '17
Parti Short '14

T'was a great weekend of cigars and company.
It is good to have friends in high places haha.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:36 pm

I have the beginning of a headcold, wherein I know that I'll probably be entirely congested (and, hence, disinterested in smoking) for the next few days. There's only one thing that cuts through the onset congestion for one more enjoyable cigar before the coming dark days....Ezra Zion's Tantrum. This is a niche cigar to me....under normal clear-headed circumstances, it's too much. But in today's blossoming fogginess, it's perfect. One more left after this one, so here's to hoping it's a long time before any more colds come through....

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:59 pm

As suspected, no cigar today. Can't smell. Can't taste. It just so happens that my go-to tobacco use is not for pleasure purposes when my head is stuffy. I keep 2 old tins of nasal snuff around - one Camphor and one Menthol. These work wonders for unclogging a nose, although only for a few minutes at a time. It comes as a welcome, albeit brief, respite from a day of sinusitis. A little dab'll do ya

It's been illegal to sell/ship nasal snuff online in the U.S. for several years. Anybody have a local shop that carries the stuff? Image

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Never have understood nasal snuff. Do you inhale it ? Why not just dip ? At the point where you are using chew or snuff, you are doing it for the nicotine, in my mind. I prefer the flavors over the nicotine buzz, hence I stick to cigars and pipes.
Don't get me wrong, I will pack a dip in once in a blue moon still when drinking around others doing the same, but I have come to recognize how bad it is for your mouth. It used to be a hockey thing up here. I remember a friend chewing in class in grade 12, and wondering when he was going to get in trouble. Kids....

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:32 am

Zedman05 wrote:Never have understood nasal snuff. Do you inhale it ? Why not just dip ? At the point where you are using chew or snuff, you are doing it for the nicotine, in my mind. I prefer the flavors over the nicotine buzz, hence I stick to cigars and pipes.
Don't get me wrong, I will pack a dip in once in a blue moon still when drinking around others doing the same, but I have come to recognize how bad it is for your mouth. It used to be a hockey thing up here. I remember a friend chewing in class in grade 12, and wondering when he was going to get in trouble. Kids....
Maybe I worded that funny. I couldn't agree more....but the point of the post was neither flavor nor nicotine delivery. I keep Menthol and Camphor around to be used 1-2 times per year to clear out sinus congestion. For me, it's more effective than most nasal decongestants. The problem is, the effect only lasts for a little while. I just use it as a quick relief to breathe freely for a while.

For those who do use nasal snuff regularly, it is sniffed into the nose and absorbed through the nasal mucosa. Most is actually non-absorbed and returned with a blow of the nose - hence, the nicotine gained is minimal.

For a while it was the fastest growing segment of the American tobacco market (fastest *growing* - it hasn't been *big* in decades). Many smokers were using it to quit, thinking it to be safer than combustion (despite EU warnings, my gut says in some way it probably is). I think most people realized the nicotine hit is so low you'd have to constantly snort rows like a Coke fiend to get the same return as smoking cigarettes, so the movement fizzled. The government banning internet sales also pretty much killed it as well.

As for dipping, I only tried it twice in my while life, and became incredibly nauseated both times. Never again....I can't handle it.